[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4700: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3832)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3832)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3832)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3832)
Plant Your Story • View topic - Storytelling Sunday...
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Storytelling Sunday...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:53 pm 
Storyteller

what stories haven't you told that you need to scrap??

I just found a whole batch of old papers that had some of my journaling/writing from when I was in junior high! I think I might scan some and try to scrap something about them. There are also some great stories from my days as a young mom that I want to scrap, but haven't gotten around to.

Do you keep a running list of scrap topics? Do you go back and scrap old stories?

Do you wanna share one???

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:49 pm 
Lucy

Fabulous idea Kimberlee!!

I have a many things on my Stories to Tell list.

And one of those is scrapping some of the "kept" notes that I have. I always have a hard time "saying goodbye" to written notes and things and so I actually have kept the wonderful little well wishes from family and friends that were shared with us when we got married and when we had Bugga. I've always wanted to scrap these words and stories.

There are SO many more from my personal history and my family's history that I'd like to preserve.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:42 am 

When my girls were little (they are now nearly 10...OMG) I used to write things down all the time...little things they said, stories etc with plan to scrap them one day. I have scrapped a few but have many more still do.
Unfortunately I stopped doing that many years ago and I now have 2 more children. It makes me sad to realise that I have lost so many stories that I will probably never remember. So when I scrap now, I scrap recent things so that I can't forget them.
Of course I could just start writing things down again but for some reason I never do.

I would also love to start scrapping bits of my childhood, but I have to scrap the recent stuff first (see above) lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:55 am 

I have many stories that I'll love to scrap, especially those from when before I started scrapping. I'm truly worried that if I don't start soon, those stories will be forgotten forever as I get older.. LOL! And my kids will never read about them.
I also keep notes and scribbles on stuff that they said for scrapping later.
I think I should start a list too... LOL!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:16 pm 
Storyteller

I just started a list the other day, and it was scary to see how many things I still need to scrap. But good in a way because I know I'll never run out of things. One of my scrapping buddies keeps a list in Excel. She has it numbered and then when she wants to scrap, she'll randomly pick a number and scrap whatever it was. I totally like that idea, but don't know if I could do it. I might just have to give it a try.

I also have little scraps of paper stuck in spots where I've jotted things down that are specific things someone said so I can remember them.

Paper Coterie has a new journal line that is sort of for the P365/Project Life idea, but it gives you a spot every day to write down what happened that day. Kind of like the old-school version of Oh Life. I might just get it to keep handy to use for scrapping ideas. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:20 pm 

Kimberlee, those old notes from high school will make for some excellent stories to scrap! All those memories that will come back to you....I bet you'll have a ton of fun scrapping them.

I'm a slooow scrapper so my list of stories that I want to tell is long. I keep track of my "to scrap" list with Evernote (because I'm a computer geek like that =P). I have a "layout prompts" notebook and I make a new note for each picture, story, or idea I want to scrap. If I know what kit I want to use to scrap the pic or idea, I'll include the kit preview too. (Recently I've been trying to do that every time I buy a kit or else I lose track of all the kits/products in my stash and why I bought them in the first place!)

I have no problem at all scrapping old stories. I'd rather tell the story after the fact (or even WAY after the fact as is often my case) than to not tell it at all.

Have any of you ever scrapped a conversation? I haven't tried it yet, but I definitely want to. There are so many little random things my kids say that I just don't want to forget, like the other day when my 5-year old daughter said, "You need your heart because you don't want to be dead." lol Just so random and so cute and I don't want to forget she said it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:26 pm 
Storyteller

Oh, that will make a great page.

I love that you have a layout notebook. That is a great idea. I know I'm terrible for having tons of unused kits in my stash.

I think I'm with you. I like the idea of scrapping old stuff. I don't want to lose those memories, and there is a whole different perspective on it.

I did do one conversation/page at TLP with a conversation my daughter and I had about soup. But that's really the only one so far. I have others on my new list. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:51 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:11 pm 
Storyteller

Here is the link.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:13 pm 

Love the layout and the conversation! TFS. I'm gonna keep this in my conversation-inspiration folder. :D